Pages

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Showcase Shakespeare

Shakespeare's work has been analyzed to death. There's no getting around that. So how do I approach him from a new perspective and gain new insights? Well, this blog is part of the answer. Hopefully by communicating with people in this new digital age, I can start thinking outside the box. The rest of the answer is by thinking outside of the classroom. As an English major, I'm used to finding sources solely from academic books, articles, and reviews. 

This blog, however (at the risk of sounding Disney-ish), has opened up a whole new world. For example Blogging Shakespeare is exactly the kind of thing that we should be looking for. It's what people are saying about Shakespeare right now. There's articles, links to other blogs, and even current events about the Shakespeare world. 

However, most importantly, there is a way for all your hard work to be seen by other people than you classmates! Since a lot of the focus of our class is creatively engaging Shakespeare, you might be interested in Showcase Shakespeare, where you can submit any kind of creative work about Shakespeare for BloggingShakespeare to showcase on their new website. Here's a video introducing the showcase:


And you can go here to submit a work.

Hopefully, (because we are so very inventive and artistic) we can represent BYU in this. I think it would be a great way to expand our horizons!

4 comments:

Natashya said...

Wow, this site sounds amazing. I can't say that I'm always inventive and creative, but this makes me want to look for a way to showcase Shakespeare! I am excited to jump on this site and get looking around. :) Thank you for the tip.

Gideon Burton said...

Great idea! I'm so glad you found this. What will you submit?

Joanna Barker said...

I have no idea, to be honest, but the fact that they're so open about submissions is great. I'm definitely going to be working on something!

Brooke said...

I think it would be fun to do a sitcom of one of Shakespeare's plays. It would be in episodes and have a laugh track. Or maybe a soap, because that allows for bad lighting, too much hair, and melodrama.

Post a Comment