Pages

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Flash mobbing is so much fun!

I never thought I would be the type to do it, but being a part of the flash mob performing Romeo and Juliet was a blast! I've always liked performance-type things (I've been in choir, violin groups, plays), but nothing like this before. It was so different than the normal. Although I still had to memorize lines, it was more stressful to remember because I knew people would possibly be looking at me like I was a crazy person. Also, although we practiced enough to get the hang of it, you simply cannot practice a flash mob in the actual setting, so it was a bit of an adventure improvising.

All in all, although it was NOT the way Shakespeare would have performed it (on a stage with every detail worked out and not at a mall with a surprise audience) it was really a fun way to share the Bard's words with the people around us. Although some people still might think we're crazy (ahem, my husband), I really enjoyed performing and would not shy away from doing this again. Kudos to Max and Whitney for putting it on, they did a great job!