Pages

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Fanfiction follow-up

After posting my short story to Fanfiction, I wanted to share what my experience was. It's always a scary thing to share my writing, but Fanfiction's anonymity is something that really encouraged me. Besides Natashya's comment on my story (which I appreciated), I also received one review on my story on Fanfiction:

not dragon
2011-04-10 . chapter 1
very nice. Games to be played, not a shrew tamed. Thought provoking indeed.

Although the comment is really short, it was just nice to know that someone had read my work and taken the time to tell me their thoughts about it. It was a really fun way to creatively share what I'd been learning this semester with people outside the class. This, along with my Twitter experiment earlier in the semester, has helped reach outside of my comfort zone, something I've really appreciated about this class. If anyone has done a creative project, I definitely recommend sharing it in some way, whether it be writing, making a cake, or putting together a production.