Pages

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

My experience with AskShakespeare

Like we tried out in class, I posed my own question to the experts over at AskShakeapeare, and these are my results. Here are some of the people who responded:

Almasi Zsolt – @zsalmasi – reader at Péter Pázmány Catholic University, Hungary, interested in Tudor literature, and histories

Actors Shakespeare Company – @ActorsShakes – artistic director, Colette Rice of the theatre in residence at New Jersey City University

Shakespeare’s School – @ShakespearesSch – for all things related to Shakespeare’s School days

It was fun being able to chat with people I knew were knowledgeable about Shakespeare, and got some interesting responses and some great links, so check them out!

My Question:

JoannaLanceI know Shakespeare used a lot of English History in his plays. Did he also use elements of his personal life? #askshakespeare

My Answers:

BarbotRobot@JoannaLance #askshakespeare His son, who died very young, was named Hamnet

zsalmasi@JoannaLance Surely, but it is rather difficult to tell with precision. I reckon references to the theater are the ones. #askshakespeare

ActorsShakes@JoannaLance #AskShakespeare That is a huge and loaded question. We just don't know. We can conjecture, but we are only guessing.







ShakespearesSch#AskShakespeare @JoannaLance . . & some believe 'Seven ages of Man' speech inspired by these buildings http://bit.ly/bu_guild (expand)









I also enjoyed other questions and answers:

todayilike#askshakespeare my Mum asks Shakespeare, What do you do in your spare time?

ActorsShakes@todayilike #AskShakespeare - Spare time? I write plays, copy parts, rehearse, learn parts, fights, dances, perform, ride to Stratford...

zsalmasi@todayilike I like to imagine that Sh did much reading in his spare time, and falconry, perhaps. #askshakespeare

ActorsShakes@todayilike #AskShakespeare Truly he would have had little spare time. The played 6 days a week, almost always a different play.

There's still time to ask your question! Head on over to twitter or follow the instructions here!