Pages

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Ask Shakespeare



Previously, I've posted about BloggingShakespeare, a really interesting blog that I stumbled upon a few weeks ago. Their slogan is "Embracing Shakespearean Conversation in a Digital Age." Sound a bit like our class? Well, I was poking around their website, hoping to find some amazing article about The Taming of the Shrew to share with you all, when I came across something even better.

Right on their main page is a tab labeled AskShakespeare, an event, which luckily enough, is taking place TOMORROW. AskShakespeare is a one day event where a panel of Shakespeare enthusiasts and experts will answer any questions posted on Twitter. There are more detailed instructions here, but basically you Tweet your question with #askshakespeare included somewhere in your text, and someone from the panel will answer your question! It's really easy to get an account if you don't have one, and I think this a great way to do what Dr. Burton was talking about in class on Monday, communicating with other Shakespeare scholars, not just our class. It's really easy and seems like a way to get quick results and answers to our questions. If anyone has any questions, let me know in a comment and I'll try to respond here or maybe in class tomorrow. I'm definitely going to try this, and I'll let you know what the results are in my next post.